The client is one of the fastest-growing and successful quantity surveying firms in the marketplace today and remains committed to providing the most comprehensive and accurate tax depreciation schedules available with a personalized approach. They specialize in tax depreciation schedules for residential investment properties and commercial buildings.
The client was looking for a software development partner who could help them in developing an Android based mobile app for their surveyors. Quantitative surveyors need to collect large volumes of data which is very time consuming, tedious and error prone process. They had previously developed an iOS app in-house but they did not have any hands on Android app development experience. Therefore, they were looking for a partner who was experienced in developing Android based apps and also who could work in tandem with their in-house team.
Rheal was chosen as their partner and we commenced development of the Android app for the quantitative surveyors to log property assets, unit specific and other common property attributes, and quantitative survey for the industrial properties.
Rheal approached the delivery of the full scope and specification of the application in coordination with the client. Rheal suggested to build the cross platform mobile app using Xamarin Forms for Android and iOS as Xamarin provides a platform to build cross platform native mobile app using common code base to implement platform independent functionality. At the same time, it also provides platform to implement any platform specific code in a separate library.
Following are some of the key features of this app:
- Job List: List of jobs which are assigned to quantitative surveyors.
- Job Details: Provide information about the property to survey such as property type, inspection type, access details, etc.
- Property Attributes: Log property attributes like land info, building info, internal and external info, Pool, SPA, Sauna, home security info.
- Unit Specific attributes: Floor covering, window coverings, fixtures, appliances, climate control, water tanks, outdoors unit details.
- Common property attributes: Foyer, Basement, interior and exterior works, building assets, etc.
- Capture images: Capture SD and HD quality images of the property, units, etc.
- Navigation Map and voice recording features
With the help of Rheal's services, the client was able to develop and circulate the Android version of the app to their quantitative surveyors to accomplish the survey accurately and on time.